North Street Medical Care – Statement of Purpose
1. We aim to provide the best possible quality service for all our patients within a safe and confidential environment.
2. We aim to use our established systems to assist all our staff in implementing safeguarding processes in all we do to keep our patients safe. This includes recognising and acting on risk or anticipated risk.
3. We aim to acknowledge, reflect upon and apologise for when things go
wrong and to learn from such occasions and share actions to continuously
4. Our practice has and implements a clear vision of its values within an established governance framework and by regularly monitoring and updating our policies. Partners have defined roles and responsibilities to enable leadership to be clearly and effectively implemented.
5. As an established training practice, we aim to learn, improve and innovate through effective leadership and in interaction between staff, patients and peers.
6. We aim to support our staff and to embed assurance systems and performance measures within a systematic educational programme that includes clinical and internal audit, openness and transparency.
7. We aim to work together as a primary health care team of clinicians and non-clinicians including the involvement of allied health professionals in the care of our patients when it is in their best interests to do so.
8. We aim to promote good health and well-being to our patients, including health promotion and preventative care, always through education and information giving and always considering consent and joint decision making.
9. We aim to provide high quality, evidenced based health care to our patients participating in audit, national benchmarking, peer review and research as tools to both monitor and effect good patient outcomes.
10. We aim to ensure that all members of the practice team have the right skills, training and support to be able to carry out their duties competently.
11. We aim to plan and deliver services to meet our patients’ needs ensuring flexibility, choice and a timely access.
12. Services provided will take into account the needs of our practice population including those requiring urgent care, continuity of care or who have particularly complex or vulnerable health needs and continuity of care.
13. We aim to encourage our patients to involve themselves in feedback about our services, good or bad, including the patient representative group, the annual survey and online feedback.
14. We aim to show our patients privacy, dignity and courtesy at all times whatever their ethnicity, religion, cultural, social or personal attributes or the nature their health problem.
15. We aim to provide a welcoming, non-judgmental environment for our patients using kindness, empathy and respect at all times.
16. We aim to communicate and work with our patients to involve them in decisions regarding their health care, including having choices about the options available which include empowerment to manage their own health.